Thursday, May 3, 2012

Gaines Cemetery


The Gaines Cemetery is one in which if I had not taken a look at the Rutherford GIS and Google Earth images of the area before going to look for it, I would have never found it. It is located on Ball Park Rd. off of Ruel McKnight Rd. in Milton, TN. The Ball park Rd. sign has been torn down. I knew where to go only by following the aerial images.

Once I arrived at Gaines Cemetery, I was shocked to find so many recent burials. I had expected to find a very old cemetery. There are a handful of extremely old grave markers that I took photos of. This cemetery is well-maintained and did not seem to have many preservation issues.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to know if there is a list of internments for this Gaines Cemetery, I have ancestors who lived in the Milton area. Is there a current caretaker and contact number?

    ReplyDelete